good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian newspapers:
1 – Adamawa State Governor Ahmadu Venteri escaped unharmed after a truck pulverized two vehicles in his convoy on Saturday. An eyewitness said that the incident occurred shortly after the governor and some of his commissioners entered a black Mercedes bus after a wedding ceremony at the Aga Mosque in the high district of Dogiri in Yola.
2. There will be no lair for oil thieves and their accomplices anymore, no matter how high their status in the country they are if the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) comes to power next year. This was an undertaking from the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, when he interacted with a wide range of companies in Nigeria under the auspices of the Business Dialogue Stakeholders Forum at the Echo Hotel in Lagos, on Saturday.
3. Men from the Ogun State Police Command have arrested Sikiru Ajibola, a 36-year-old homosexual, for allegedly raping a 5-year-old boy to death in Ogigu District, Ogun State. State police public relations officer Abimbola Oyemi revealed this in a statement on Saturday.
4. The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Femi Gbagabiamila, has criticized Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress. Speaking at Tinubu’s rally in Lagos on Saturday, in an apparent reference to the controversy, Gbagapiamela declared that Tinubu’s age is who his mother said he was.
5- The Congress of All Progressives, APC Presidential Candidate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu yesterday beat the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Atiku Abubakar again, saying that his supporters are ready to end the political residency of the former Vice President in 2023 with cards permanent electors (PVCs). He said that no matter what his opponents did, none of them would be able to kill him.
6- The former Nigerian Ambassador to Spain and wife of the late Igbo leader, Ms. Bianca Ojukwu said yesterday that the Igbo misses her husband, Dem Chukwuemika Odumigu Ojukwu, at this defining moment in the nation’s history. She said the people of the Southeast lacked strong leaders who could speak for them now before next year’s elections.
7. The Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command, has deployed 3,700 personnel for the inauguration of the elected Governor of Osun, Ademola Adeleke. In preparation for today’s handover, security men have been stationed across the country’s borders.
8. Hilary Vincent, project manager of famous gospel singer Sami Okposo denied viral reports that the singer fell at his home in Lekki, Lagos, on the morning of Friday, November 25, 2022. He said contrary to the viral report, the singer died in his sleep.
9- The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that its internal simulations based on the model indicate that the rate of inflation could steadily fall below 15 per cent by the end of 2023. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emifele, has stated, Doing so during the 57th Annual Bankers Award Dinner, which was held in Lagos.
10 – Yesterday, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Justice Olukayode Ariola, having appeared to be caught in the middle of a political dispute, distanced himself from an alleged statement regarding the activities of the HDP rulers, known as the G5 rulers.
Nigerian newspapers: 10 things you need to know on Sunday morning