Governor Dabo Abiodun threatened to wage war against the kidnappers to terrorize the people of Ogun State.
The government has also assured residents and travelers passing through Ogun state to provide adequate security before, during and after Christmas.
The Ogun state government said efforts will be intensified to provide more support to the security agencies as a way to rid the state corridor of the popular Lagos-Ibadan highway from kidnappers and other armed gangs.
The Daily Post reported earlier that armed men usually in military uniform had taken over the Lagos-Ibadan road, kidnapping the travelers for ransom.
Along the same lines, it was also reported that some areas of the Abeokuta North Local Government remained under siege by the kidnappers as residents planned to resettle.
In a security meeting held by Abiodun, the police and other sister agencies confirmed that steps are underway to stop the activities of the kidnappers.
On Friday, the Press Secretary of Abiodun Governor, Kunle Somoren disclosed that Ogun State Police Commissioner Lanri Bankul had disclosed that proper arrangements were in place in terms of manpower and equipment.
Bankul was quoted as saying that this would help in facing any security challenge in any part of the country.
“We are ready to deal with any breakdown of law and order in any part of the state,” Bankul said, adding that more men were put on high alert.
In his letter to the thugs, the police chief said, “We will give them a hot order. We will make Ogun state unattractive to them. They will have no safe haven in any part of this state.”
Ogun: Abiodun declares war on kidnappers on the Lagos-Ibadan highway